Saturday 11 February 2017

New Year Resolutions Review week #6 : Phew, made it to the holidays


I wouldn't say I gave up on my with my New Year resolutions and challenges this week, but with two parent-teacher evenings that meant I left for work at 7am and got home at 8.30pm, there was literally no time to even think about them ! I've got two weeks off now though, so I'll be grabbing the me-time and cracking on with my challenges.

1. Get Fit(bitting) !
This week has been manic, but I've been hitting my 10,000 steps every day just with all the running around at work. Today is the first day in three weeks that I didn't hit my target - I'm currently at 6.6k so I won't make it by tonight - but I needed a day of chilling out, so we headed to a museum then I did some baking, after helping the kids sent up a tent in their bedroom (as you do !).


2. Get cooking bookmarked recipes ! 
Chicken with Dumplings was the only bookmarked recipe I made this week ... and the Madhouse kids were most disappointed to see that the cake tins were totally empty this week. That has been rectified today though - I've made cookies, brownies and savoury muffins, so they've got lots of things to nibble on at snack time and for dessert !

3. Get geocaching !
Nope - but I am excitedly awaiting some travelbugs in the post from the lovely Elaine at Fun As A Gran who is another geocaching addict ! :)

4. Get comping !
I'm still on track - I wanted one win a month and I've achieved that for February already - a win that I will be passing on to Galina over at Chez Maximka because she'll love it more than I would (and I'm now hopeful that a bit of comping karma will come round and provide me with another win !!)
(January wins : 4 - £20 shopping voucher, Mr Lee's noodles, Ambrosia trifle glasses, set of books)


5. Get reading !
 I raced through Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben (which I loved but I was disappointed by the ending - click through for my review) and I'm now reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I think I know where this is going but I'm expecting to be proven wrong ! This is book number 6 for 2016 so I'm still on track for my book a week reading challenge.

6. Get FLYing !
Not a chance - didn't even look at the emails before deleting them !

8. Get bloggy housekeeping !
Same as last week. My visitor stats haven't changed but my klout score is still falling through the floor - from 57 to 53.76 in two weeks - eek ! Not sure what's going on but I'll be online more while I'm on holiday so I may be able to turn things around a bit.


9. Get French !
I went to the post office to buy the required envelopes and tried to buy my "timbre fiscal" at the newsagent's but they didn't have any in stock for that value. I also photocopied more papers and printed off the form that I need to fill out. I'm hoping to get this all sorted and in the post in the coming week.

What about you? Have you set yourself any targets, challenges or new year's resolutions this year?

7 comments:

  1. My job is the same, very easy to smash the 10k every day, add to that we push trolleys and pull hovers and wield mops it is a paid work out really.
    You will need to allow the children to do some baking when you are as busy.
    Cant wait to follow your travelbugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're as busy as me most weeks - the girls start school at 8.30 and finish anywhere between 4.30 and 6.30, then they have homework. Pierre gets dropped off at 7.30 at pre-school club, school is 8.30-4.30, and when I'm working late, he goes to after-school club until someone can pick him up, usually around 6pm. Very long days but we do get longer holidays too - it's now half term and we get a two-week break which is well-needed ! :)

      Delete
    2. And I'm hopeful the travelbugs will arrive tomorrow - fingers crossed ! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh, suspence is killing me. :) Thank you for passing on your prize to me, whatever that is. I should get a pedometer, just to check how many steps I make on a school run. Have a lovely school break! I wish we had two weeks. Only one for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you got a smartphone? Mike has one on his phone ... but it only works if he has his phone in his pocket all day !

      Delete
  3. I am cooking some new recipes this week, i have just bought a slow cooker, so testing it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to come home to after a long day at work ! You can't go wrong - just add less liquid than you normally would because it keeps all the juices in. Go for the cheaper cuts of meat too as they work best :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...